New York City, NY
Full Time Job
FilmNation Entertainment is looking for a Staff Accountant to join the Finance team in our New York office. FilmNation is a producer, financier and international distributor of high-quality feature films, television series, theater and podcasts.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a vibrant company and work within a collaborative and fun environment. We are looking for a full-time Staff Accountant who is eager to learn about accounting and finance as it relates to the Entertainment industry.
- Input Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Check requests, and manual billings
- Distributor invoicing and payment applications
- Process expense reports and manage the corporate credit card program.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accounting policies and procedures
- Reconciling bank statements
- Other ad hoc projects as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting preferred
- 0-2 Years Accounting experience
- Must have good work ethic
- Detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, work effectively in a team environment and meet deadlines
- Above all, a passion for television & all things FilmNation.
This is a great role for an up-and-coming accountant to gain experience in all aspects of the accounting and finance process in addition to dealing with all areas of the business on a daily basis. This fast paced environment requires a motivated self-starter with the ability to multi-task in a busy work environment, be extremely organized, and highly detail oriented. To be considered for this role, candidates should also have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to HR@filmnation.com.
FilmNation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FilmNation expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Improper interference with the ability of FilmNation's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.